We have the largest Job seeker visits by alexa rankings. Post a Job
GGB PLC operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits. The business is the larger of the brewing businesses in Ghana.Growth in the Ghana economy is expected to continue at mid to high single digit in a competitive environment.Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.GGB PLC is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGB PLC will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.Role PurposeThe role holder will need to develop, support and implement specific plans to achieve standardsThe Packaging Team Lead is in charge of his shift during production hours, with full responsibility for his team and the assets of the department.The Packaging Team Lead is responsible for meeting the shift production OEE target at the right quality, in a cost effective manner.The incumbent is also responsible for the entrenchment of EISC/MMS practices in a safe and healthy working environment.As the first line manager, the Packaging Team Lead must be conversant with Human resource policies, particularly in the area of disciplinary and grievance procedures, in resolving people issues in the shift to create and maintain a highly motivated team.Top Accountabilities
- Shall be committed to producing safe and quality products by following all instructions related to the Food Safety and Quality Management System.
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behaviour of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Manage shift including direct responsibility for developing, coaching and supporting team to deliver business objectives.
- Monitor production on hourly basis, paying attention to downtimes, OEE, quality and waste, establishing and maintaining useful relationships with the team.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations to achieve zero LTA.
- Actively enforce EISC/MMS WOWs and also ensure good housekeeping.
- Support the capability development of his team members towards multi-skilling.
- Optimise product quality, through continuous observation and attention to details, delivering Right First Time (RFT) on quality and process control parameters.
- Respond to non-conformance in a timely manner to keep process on track. Apply, record & share learnings to prevent re-occurrence.
- Manage materials and components required by the plant/equipment during shift operations.
Qualifications And Experience Required / Skills
- Degree in Science/Engineering or HND with a minimum of 3 years in a packaging industry.
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Knowledge in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS)
- Knowledge in leading improvement Projects (ITFs/PIPs)
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success
Closing Date : 20th September, 2023
Job Fraud Alert.
Do not pay money to any Employer for interview or recruitment. Call +233(0)20 181 0730 to Report